The Village Pharmacy regrets to advise, due to COVID-19 and social distancing advice, we are temporarily suspending all Beauty Services.
Our Beauty Services include:
- Ear Piercing
- Eyebrow, Lip and Side of Face Threading
- Eyebrow and Eyelash Tinting
- Professional Makeup
- Express Eye Makeup
- Eyelash Application
Until further notice, September 2020 is when we are expecting to resume our Beauty Services.
While hygiene is already a big part of our Beauty Services delivery, and we had extra precautions in-place, we believe that we need to take that extra step in minimising the risk of contagion.
We will be closely monitoring the COVID-19 environment, and advising should our return to service expectation change.
We encourage you to redeem products to the value of your booking and redeem your booking when our services resume. Please come instore to collect your voucher and spend on products! If you had a booking with us between March and June 2020, you will be receiving a call about your booking.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Yours in Health,
The Village Pharmacy Team
Updated: Tuesday March 24 2020
We’d like to thank you for the last few weeks, where you as a customer, have shared your concerns with us regarding the COVID-19 / Coronavirus.
We appreciate that these times are worrying, with a lot uncertainty and concern around the outbreak, along with the mixed messaged about how to protect yourself.
The Village Pharmacy, is a leading pharmacy, in South Australia, and we are taking all the necessary measures and precautions to prevent further outbreak from COVID-19 in the community. As a business we ensure that we are leading, implementing and following strong hygiene practices within our store. We are closely following all of the recommended guidelines from the Australian Government Department of Health and other relevant authorities and will continue to do so.
As health care providers, we care for the health of many persons, many of whom are elderly, have compromised immune systems or are suffering the effects from illness other than COVID-19. We also care about the health of our own pharmacists, beauty consultants and team members.
It is important to understand that COVID-19 is primarily spread between people through direct contact, breathing the air of someone who is already infected, or through touching a surface that has been recently infected.
We’d like to share some of the extra measures that we are taking, to protect your health and that of our staff:
- For your safety, if our staff are unwell, we are requesting them to stay at home.
- Any of our staff who have traveled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms (especially fever or a cough) will seek testing at an official COVID-19 clinic or contact their GP.
- We are encouraging staff to sanitize their hands after every customer interaction. We are encouraging you to do the same.
- We have additional bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at all counters.
- We are encouraging staff not to make any unnecessary contact with customers by maintaining distance and to take precautions when doing so by using single use surgical gloves. If contact occurs we strongly advise staff and customers to wash their hands in warm soapy water for 60 seconds.
- Additional cleaning and wiping down of counters and displays are occurring regularly.
- ALL TESTERS FROM BEAUTY COUNTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. Please talk to a Beauty Consultant or staff member if you require assistance with any product.
- We encourage all our staff members to have a flu vaccination.
- We have implemented BUY LIMITS on tissues and any items containing paracetamol. These items are limited to one box per customer.
- Due to the unprecedented demand on COVID-19-related items, we have had to temporarily amend our change of mind policy. Effective immediately, change of mind exchanges or refunds will not be available. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates in store and on our website.
While our Clarins, Clinique, Estée Lauder and Lancôme facials have been cancelled we are still continuing with our Beauty Services. Our strict hygiene policy means that all Threading and Tinting services are undertaken with single-use, disposable equipment.
Our Professional Makeup and Express Eye Makeup Services will also be continuing. Our Makeup Services have always had a redemption element to them. In the interest of your health, we are requesting this redemption be used to purchase the makeup for your makeover.
We also request that makeup brushes for application be purchased. These will be offered to you at a discount. By providing you with the option to purchase your make up products brand new, we not only remove the risk of infection and the requirement of sanitation of brushes and makeup palettes; we also allow for your professional makeup service to be provided.
It is to your discretion should you wish to proceed with your Beauty Service, please do note, that should you present with symptoms such as sneezing, coughing or fever, we will advise you to cancel your appointment.
Our Professional Health Services will continue. While physical contact will be reduced, our pharmacists can still provide advice to you. Vaccinations will be starting from Wednesday the 25th of March, if you are unsure about receiving your vaccination please be sure to call us on 08 8379 7991
Our script delivery service will continue. We do ask that if you are in isolation that you notify us prior to delivery so that we can leave your delivery safely at your door.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we will be keeping you up-to-date.
We recommend referring to these additional resources if you have any immediate concerns: